May quit my job because i dont think the boss likes me because i have kids

I have three kids ages 4, 3, and 2. I have been at my job almost two years. I only take off if the kids are sick and even then i usually am only gone to take them to the doctor because mother in law keeps them during the day, so i know they are in good hand even when they are a little sick.
Well one of my daugthers has to go monthly to a specialist (atleast right now she dows), and here latley, they have all been getting sick, with ear aches and we had there well child visist recentley too.
There is me and another girl in the office, who cannot do anything by herself. SHe has been here a year and still cant do her job. Well, my boss is gone this week and my MIL called me and said the baby is running a fever and is saying her ear hurts again.
Now let me just say that the co-worker was out yesterday morning all morning, taking her child to an appointment and the boss had no problem with it. She said "oh she can handle it byherself" talking about me.
So i called my boss to see if i could leave at 3 to take the baby to the doctor (it is 40 miles away and the appointment is at 4). She said yes, but i gess tell Jane (the coworker) to just close ther door when you leave so no one comes in. (pretty much told me that even she knows the co-worker doesnt know her job). And i could tell by her tone that she didnt like it. Oh, we normally close our office at 4o'clock anyways. Plus today has been slow customer wise so she might have one customer trickle in and the rest would probably be phone calls.
Anyways i just get the impression that having three small kids is a real inconvience to my boss and get the feeling like she doesnt like me very much.
Would you let it bother you, or just do what you have to do and not let it bother you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2012 in Money & Work

• Sounds like boss is more exasperated over the fact of having to shut down early because the other co-worker doesn't know her job.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• It's not you she has the problem with. It's the co-worker. And since you're in a civil service job, the boss can't do much about this lousy co-worker.

If you need the job, don't quit till you find another job.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 AM on Aug. 23, 2012

• I think it is foolish to quit your job in this economy. Just let it go and do your job.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 23, 2012