I want to work

I have a degree and medical assistant training ..no jobs ,,i love to cook,,,,I was thinking about being a host for tastefully simple.....Do you think i will make anything in these tough times? thnx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you can get the parties booked you will make great monry. That stuff is awesome. There are very few opportunities out there that aren't effected by the economy today. My business is actually doing better because of it... I would be happy to tell you what I do, but it's got nothing to do with food... lol... Just PM me. But you need to realize that you'll have to put time and money in BEFORE you earn your first dime. That goes with ANY business...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If you have some medical knowledge you may be more qualified than the rest of us for some of the data entry positions out there. Check Momportunity.com I know I saw some on there where medical trainin was needed.
    Anonymous

• Personally, I wouldn't want to depend on sales in this economy. You can go to my profile to see what I do.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If you know a lot of people that will book parties and order things then that would be great for you. I was a stay at home mom, but I needed to supplement our income so I started doing childcare. That way I don't have to put my son in day care just yet. It works well for me. I get to play with babies/kids all day and make money doing it!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Have you considered relocation. We have tons of medical jobs where I live. It is one of the few areas that is still growing. I am not hurt by the economy but am saving more now than ever and would not have a party promoting overpriced food to friends who are hurting. I would stick with medical.
    Anonymous

• You can join my WAH group here on CM. There are posting about different WAH opportunities.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/WAHmomopportunities

Good luck to you!
    GoGreenMom68

Answer by GoGreenMom68 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• In this economy, I would go with a home business that offers something that people need and use on a regular basis -- not an optional or "nice to have" item.  And saving them a few dollars in the process wouldn't hurt as well.  This is the type of business I am involved in and it has been successful for me despite the financial difficulties everyone is facing.

nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• You sure will make money! I am a Tupperware consultant and a Diamond Creek Candles Consultant. If you are interested in either business let me know and I can help you! I love direct sells and actually in this economy direct sells are doing great!
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I might suggest that you start your own business.  It really is easier than you think.  There are lots of great ideas and resources at http://www.stuffformoms.info/.  There are links on that page as well to legit home based business websites so you can see just how easy there were to create.  Take a look, feel free to use those ideas for your own!

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:22 AM on Feb. 6, 2009