• In the Spotlight:

Some kind of infection?

I can't really afford to take my cay to a vet right now and she keeps getting this weird blister looking thing on her lips. I don't think its a burn because the hair in that spot gradually disappears and turns into that sore. She acts like it hurts. and she also has blak spots on the inside of her lips....she had one before now theres another. Does anyone what this could be? If it's really bad? Do you have to pay vets up front or do they bill you or can you make apayment plan?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pets

• It sounds like leukemia to me. You can call the vet and explain that you don't have any money and see what he will say. Sometimes they will make payment arrangements. And they might even see the cat for free. Good luck. Vicki
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I used to be a vet tech and I have no idea what it is, but it kind of sounds bad. Most vets will let you make arrangements. You should also be able to call your vet and see what they think before you bring her in.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Cats can get herpes. Could this be it? Ever vet has their own routines about money. Some make you pay when you're there, other's will do certain "gift" visits. You never know, check it out.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It could be an autoimmune problem due to feline Luekemia, including the Herpes mentioned above. Has your cat received regular vaccinations?
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2009