Will you be waking your kids up 3 days earlier before school starts?

I was reading in an article that if your child hasn't started school yet bc of summer vacation, you might want to wake them up 3 days earlier.
My kids start on Monday and they suggested to wake them up 3 days earlier before school starts so that way they will want to go to sleep later that evening... I plan to try it I just dont know what to do with them while we wake up so early in the day, so used to sleeping in but have to do this if I don't want them dragging out the door...ugh!

Suggestions on what to do while up, thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• I won't, because we homeschool. We don't have to be up and out the door by a set time. If I were to do this, though, I think I'd probably go for quiet activities. Maybe reading, or some computer time, maybe a little TV (depending on how much time we're talking, of course). Maybe go for a walk, or a bike ride?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Start them cleaning out their summer clothes. I just did this for my little ones and came away with 2 garbage sacks of clothes they either outgrew or are ruined from the summer.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Nope I won't. Mainly because my kids don't sleep in to begin with. My youngest has always gotten up with the sun no matter what time she went to bed. Once she's up, she harasses everyone else in the house until we're up.....then wonders why we're all mad at her. And, I've been watching a friend's child all summer while the parents are at work; had to get up at a normal time to be awake when they dropped her off.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2012