Will you be waking your kids up 3 days earlier before school starts?

I was reading in an article that if your child hasn't started school yet bc of summer vacation, you might want to wake them up 3 days earlier.
My kids start on Monday and they suggested to wake them up 3 days earlier before school starts so that way they will want to go to sleep later that evening... I plan to try it I just dont know what to do with them while we wake up so early in the day, so used to sleeping in but have to do this if I don't want them dragging out the door...ugh!

Suggestions on what to do while up, thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yes, I've already started the whole going to bed earlier thing & I will be waking them up earlier starting friday.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Our son has been in hell week and now early practices for football. We have to drag him out of bed at 6am and he willingly goes to bed on his own prompting before 8:30. Once he finally adjusts to the massive increase in his level and intensity of activity, 6am should be easy for him to get up!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• my kid is so excited for school,he'll probably be up at 4am on Sept 4th!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I think you might want to reread that article.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• That is a great idea, however my girls attended summer programs due to my work schedule, so my kids have to wake up early even during summer and long holidays. I am a single mom, so I have to work.
    jasandalexmom

Answer by jasandalexmom at 4:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• we probably won't be waking them up early. We are going to start getting them to bed at the regular time starting on Monday.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:09 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• deja vu.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• My daughter never needed that because she has always been an early riser. So I didn't make any differences other than making sure we stuck strictly to her bedtime the last couple of weeks. BTW...she started school yesterday.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 4:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I have to put these two back on school schedule time at least a week before school starts. I have the, do math facts and spelling drills after breakfast.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I think you meant get them up earlier so they want to go to bed earlier, not later, right? Anyhoo, I wont be getting them up earlier, but have sorta kinda been trying to get them to bed earlier. Some nights it has worked, others, not so much! We go back sept 4th, so this coming monday I will get more strict.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:36 AM on Aug. 23, 2012