what do you think could happen?

My youngest sister(20) is around 13 weeks pregnant. She has yet to see a DR. she is extremely dependant on weed and painkillers. she has been beat up over and over agian by her so-called lover. (if you know what I mean). instead of eating anything she drinks pepsi and smokes dope. She is a curvy girl, and always thought she was fat, so she has an eating disorder. theres alot of drama going on in my family, mostly because she is pregnant, well so she says... quote " she wont see a DR" not yet anyways. what do you think could happen to this baby? what should we all be worried about most? could the baby be born with problems? Or could she miscarriage? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think that its not good but surprisingly many babies have survived in situations like that.

but she needs to see a dr to get correct info. best of luck really!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Even if the baby is born healthy it will be born to an irresponsible mother who "needs" drugs and let's men beat her. I'm not being mean, but I would be extremely worried for that child's future as well as health.
    Anonymous

• oh yes we are very concerned about the babies future, our mother has been trying to convince her to do an adoption with the baby. Because its not going to be pretty. Im just wondering about the pregnancy...
    Anonymous

• she might surprise u though- ive known of women wo have used worse drugs such as heroine and cocaine while pregnant then when they see that there really is a life in there they straighten up and become some of the best mothers i have ever known- but i do suggest that she see a councilor- if u go to dyfs and tell them the situation they will make her go to a parenting course- it happened to my friend- they wont force her to give her baby up unless she is considered to be a risk to the baby but they will get her the help she needs so she can be a good mother give it a try it could help- and good luck!
    Anonymous

• Well, my sister was addicted to meth when she had her baby. None of us knew she was pregnant, because she denied it! We all thought she was just gaining weight ( of course, we were all suspicious, but she denied it up and down so we thought she was just fat). Her kid is 2 now and seems pretty ok considering that she was born a meth-baby. If we had known she was pg, I don't think we could have stopped her anyway. CPS doesn't care until the baby is born and then they take it away. Hers got taken away but all she had to do was take a few classes and now has custody again. Many things can happen (miscarriage, birth defects) but it doesn't mean they will happen. The kid could be perfectly fine or not.
    Anonymous

• Well if she really needs the weed just ask her to make some hash brownies and get high that way, I'm sure that'd be a lot less harmful than SMOKING the weed and getting all them carcinogens.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like even if the baby is born healthy, will enter an exceptionally challenged environment.
    But with her lack of respect for herself, her health, and her baby's health, there is a greater possibility that baby will have complications.

She needs help with this-- is she interested in receiving help??
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i think you should lock her ass up she will loose all rights to that baby because she is drinking and smoking dope...
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2009