Fingertip dialiated....

Okay...two weeks ago I was having bad back pain and very uncomfortable, so I went to the ER. They checked me and said my cervix was soft and open a fingertip at the bottom-they couldn't get their finger all the way through to baby. I was 2 days from 20 weeks then...now i'm 22weeks and my cervix are still the same. I am taking progesterone injections once a week, and having contractions every day. Yesterday the Dr. prescribed me Procardia..I have read alot of bad things about it online, anyone else ever taken this? If so, did it help and was baby okay? Anyone else ever experienced the same cervical problem? If yes, did you go to full term?

collinjs15

Asked by collinjs15 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your are very early in pregnancy to be dilating - I hope that your obgyn is keeping a close eye on you. I am assuming your on bedrest with lots of restrictions. I would discuss your fears with your obgyn about that medicine. Did they mention maybe doing a cerclage?????
    At this point in the pregnancy- if you had the baby there would be a very good chance the baby wouldn't make it (not to scare you) but you need to keep in mind that the longer you are pregnant the better chances your LO has at survival. Some meds are scary but neccessary to make the pregnancy last as long as possible. Saying a prayer for you & your LO! Good luck
    Anonymous