From your experience, how will this affect my daughter????

My daughter just turned 2 and I have never left her. Well, I have about 3 times and they were for about 4 hours each all last december for hunting and she did okay. However, I start my new part time job tonight. It will be about 6 days a week and for only 4 hours at a time each day. She will be with my husband while I work at night. Im so worried she is going to be badly affected by this and think that Im leaving her because I want to. How do you think she will be mentally? Do you think she will feel like I dont want to be here with her, or will she just get used to it and not really think anything of it?

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she may be a little upset at first just because shes not used to it, but give it a few days and she wont even notice! it wont have any bad effects on her at all, so dont worry! enjoy working!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• She will be fine. My dd had to go back to work when my grandson was around 18 mths and he had a period of adjusting to dad watching him at night while mom worked. Hes fine though. She will miss you but its nly part time and it isnt like its 9 hours a day 6 days a week or anything.

Answer by gemgem at 1:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• She may have a little separation issue at first, but she'll be fine! She'll be home with her dad so it's not like she'll be left with someone she doesn't know and trust...there won't be any bad effects on her at all!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 1:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I think it will be healthy for both of you to be apart sometimes - it will be rough at first though. She will definitely benefit from time with your husband - my daughter loves her "Daddy Days" as she calls them when I go to work and she stays home with him.

Anonymous

• Your daughter will be fine. You will still be with her during the day, your husband will be home.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• She will be fine. I had to leave my daughter for 3 months for military training this summer. It sucked, but kids are resilient - as long as she knows she is loved by you, and she is cared for, she will accept this as the 'norm'. Good luck to you mama, the first time is the hardest but it gets easier for the both of you.

Now, when I leave, my daughter is like 'see ya mom' and continues playing rather than freaking out if I ever leave the room. She is 20 months old.
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 2:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• She'll be fine. There are lots of storybooks on the market about mommy's always coming home to their little kids after work. You might try one of those.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• She'll be fine.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If anything I think this is good for her.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 3:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009