Is your look age appropriate? Is there a age limit on clothing items? PIOG *** edit** (added my normal look)

What would you think was age appropriate for someone in their mid 30s?

I am considering updating my look, but every time I try on something that looks "age appropriate" I feel like I am playing dress up..

If anyone has pictures of what they think of an adult super casual look, that would be great! 

Everyone's suggestion looked great, but I think I might be hopeless. It would all feel like I am playing dress up -  this is what I generally dress like... 

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• 3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I am 63, and I do not own anything age appropriate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you look good physically and your fit, you can wear whatever makes you feel good about yourself...as long as all the important parts are somewhat covered, and you don't look like a hoochie mama! I don't think there is age limit on clothing items, as long as your decent and look good.

Answer by older at 7:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• if its in the junior department, and your teen daughter wants it, you don't need it. if it fits (i mean fits, not snug, not pulling, or dragging or rising when you move), and you don't see it on every woman 15yrs younger, then wear it. if its a fad or seasonal trend, again with the fit..sometimes the print will age you, or make you look immature.
    good rule of thumb is: if you think someone might think its too immature/young for you to wear, others will too, so it is. same goes for something too 'old' for your age.
    jmho
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 7:45 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• nice..3libras!

Answer by older at 7:26 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• The only thing I have an issue with is when people, regardless of age, wear the wrong jeans! You cannot stuff yourself into low riding jeans. LOL! Otherwise, I'm 47 and I wear what I want. The Buckle is my favorite store. I also like Macy's line Inc...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 7:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Age appropriate doesn't mean dowdy. Have you tried places like CHICOS.

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• ^^^ That's right older! I just saw the pic you posted of you on the beach! Damn girl! You must work out regularly. I would've never guessed you at that age. You look at least 10 yrs younger! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I think the key to looking mature is your accessories. You can still have fun hip clothing just add a blazer, jewelry, purse or something to mature it up a bit. I don't ever plan on not being stylish 30 is still young and your still hot you don't have to bust out the grandma clothes... Heck even when I'm a grand,a I refuse to wear grandma clothes lol
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 7:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2012