Payday/budgeting vent... adult content

Today was payday for my dh, first of all I hate that he gets paid on the 7th and the 22nd of every month (one week after the 15 or end of the month) cause it makes paying bills tricky as it is. Well, TECHNICALLY he only gets paid once a month, on the 7th, because that is when the payroll company does it and takes out taxes and everything, but his boss didn't want us missing out on that 2nd payday a month so he gives dh and his cousin (only other full time employee for the company) a sort of 'advance' check on the 22nd.
Well dh's is supposed to be $1100 and his cousin's is $1000, then on the 7th of the next month they figure out the payroll and deduct the 'advance' amount and that is what gets direct deposited. Well today we only got $1000 instead of the $1100, I asked dh why and if they mixed em up again (cause this has happened before) but he didn't know and didn't want to bother his boss about it cause it was already after 4 o'clock and he was just glad the deposit had actually shown up today :P
I know its only $100 difference but it really throws off my whole budget for the rest of the month! Instead of paying almost all our bills now I have to hold off on 2 of them (cell phone bill always gets paid a little late cause it has a weird due date and with his paydays it is just always a couple days off) so that we actually have money to get groceries and household stuff and maybe last until the next payday. I know its not a big deal to be a few days late on our $50 Dish bill but at the same time it bugs me to have to juggle things around when he SHOULD have gotten the full $1100, kwim? And actually the next payday should be bigger than normal cause August is a long month, and I know we'll catch up just fine, but its the fact that we have to catch up that bugs me :-/ Am I just overreacting here or would you be upset too? I sometimes wonder if it would be better to just get it all at once and then its up to us to stretch it for the whole month but that probably wouldn't work either... UGH, I just need to find a part time job and start bringing in some extra money so I'm not always stressing :(

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 7:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2012 in Money & Work

• I am the same way. I have these great bill organizers and I like to see everything paid. It makes me feel good to put a check mark next to my list of bills due.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2012

• I'm the same way...I have to pay my bills NOW so I'm not stressing over it for a week or two depending on the bill. We have been behind on our bills since April and I'm beyond stressed and will be until we get current on everything. But your hubby knows his boss and if talking to him tomorrow is best then you just have to trust him and be patient (another thing I have to work on).
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• He didn't want to bother his boss after 4 pm, I am sure he will address it in the morning,, problem solved :)
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Yeah, over reaction. Our bills are a clusterfuck compared to this question. lol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• It is hard with a set date . Is there a way for you ask some of the bills for a date later? some will. If you have credit cards pay what ever then when you get the funds pay them off. Save something for the gaps
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• Over reacting.
    Maybe getting a part time job would help alot.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:20 PM on Aug. 23, 2012