• In the Spotlight:

Sinuses?

I have an awful sinus infection. My doctor gave me a prescription a few days ago and since then it has gotten worse. My eye sockets feel like they are bruised to the touch. I don't see any bruises which makes me think that it must be the infection working from the inside out. Plus, it hasn't relieved any pressure. I feel like my head is literally going to combust. Do you think the anti-biotic isn't working?

jessicer421

Asked by jessicer421 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• obviously because if it was working this wouldnt be happening...

i would stop on the anti biotics
    Anonymous

• DO NOT STOP THE ANTIBIOTICS!!! I am sorry to *shout*, but it is critical that you finish the round of ABO's. I used to be a Medical Assistant before becoming a SAHM, and I cannot tell you how many patients wind up with very serious infections because they do not complete their medication courses--every time you stop antibiotics mid-way, you help to create stronger, more drug-resistant bacteria and viruses. This means that the next time you get sick, it will be even more difficult to treat the infection. Even if you are not feeling better yet, in my experience most sinus infections take 7 to 10 days to clear up, and you might feel worse before feeling better. If you really think that things are getting bad, please see the doctor again, but don't stop taking the medicine. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2009