Can she be traumatized

Recently my dd had to get a vcug done on her. She is 1 year old. When she had the procedure done. The nurse had difficulties with the cathider getting it into place. Since then I have realized that now she does not like me to clean her as well as I use to. You know how we have to clean babies privates to make sure its clean in the inside. Do you think she is trauma or could it be something else.

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well I a pretty sure she did not think it at all fun. Just keep doing what you need to do with calm hands and voice.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Great advice dardenella
    BUTTERFLY463

Comment by BUTTERFLY463 (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• At a year old, she is reacting to the fear of pain, and I would guess that once she is all healed up and she begins to realize that every time you change her diaper, you're not hurting her, she will be back to normal.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Just a quick thought..could there be internal bruising, infection as a result of the cath (if the nurse botched it) that is contribuitng to this. It is unlikely but worth checking out. She will not be forever traumatized, and the two issues might be totally unrelated. My son hated his face wiped suddenly at this age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2012