I need help :(

I have a food addiction..... more specifically, fast food. If I have money I can not say no to it. I eat fast food at least once a day, some times 3 times a day. I've tried so hard and have failed miserably over and over again. I'm scared that if I dont get it under control soon that I am going to have serious health issues. I dont care so much how I look but I want to be healthy for my kids, I want to be around when they graduate, get married, to see my future grand babies, ect. I just dont know how to stop. I have almost no support from anyone and no one to turn to about my problem or even talk to. I have no one to take walks with or exercise with. I've looked up FA and it wouldnt work for me because I can not follow the 12 steps (they involve god and I am not into that kinda thing, I'm not religous and dont care to be).

What I want to know is how do I go about finding a support group that doesnt cost much money or is free in my area? I need a support group with others that are dealing with the same thing. Knowing that I am not alone will help so much.

*** Also posting this in health

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Aug. 22, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• I have battled eating the wrong things too and have found support in my area by using Overeaters Anonymous maybe you can find a program close to you.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Good luck to you - I am on a major diet right now and have been all summer long - but it is an addiction and is hard - it takes a lot of work and willpower!! I hear ya and understand the overwhelming temptations that are out there! I have turned to a wonderful product to make sure that I am getting the nutrition that my body needs - it's called juiceplus .... it has 20 fruits and veggies in powder that is packed into capsules - that is a big help for the Nutrition standpoint ... if you want to check into it just go to: carneyjuiceplus.com
    Besides that I have tried to stop eating after 6pm - cause I was a big night-time eater!!
    Also, I made myself switch from soda to crystal light or water ..... soda is just empty and bad calories - that was hard, but I got used to it ... it gets easier - I promise!
    Also, I tried to cut sodium down in my diet and NEVER use my salt shaker anymore!
    All the little things really add up!!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• Try www.metaboliceffect.com
    Their teachings is what I use with my personal training clients. They have a facebook page, blog, and offer a lot of information free. Their book, The ME Diet, is a must have in my opinion.

My personal advice is to use one day a week to prepare food in advance. On Sundays I cook food for the week. If you have already spent the money on food for the week and already put the effort into making it, you will have more incentive not to waste money on fast food. That helps me, anyway. I love to eat out - not fast food (hate it, actually) but I can't justify it if I have food with me.

I'm going to jump on the soda-pop topic and say it is the WORST thing to put into your body and should be completely removed from your menu. Don't try going diet thinking it will be better - it is actually way worse for you.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2012