So I'm sitting in the parking lot alone at the store today texting a friend..

And this guy is parked next to me, it's hot out, his windows are down and I glance over and see he is on his phone too..I keep hearing a babys cry coming from the back seat, not an all out bawling type of cry but crying nonetheless, I start to take notice..my friend and I are trying to decide where and when to meet so I'm sitting there texting for longer than I'd like..I keep hearing the baby, I keep glancing over and this guy is totally ignoring his child and engrossed in whatever he's doing on his phone..he finally turns around and yells at the baby to be quiet at which point of course the baby starts crying harder. The guy notices me noticing and rolls up his windows, THEN gets out of his car, leaving the baby in there crying, and continues to text or whatever he's doing on his phone outside his car. OMG I wanted to wring his fucking neck and go comfort that baby! That was heartbreaking to watch. I know parents get stressed and babys cry but damnit a parents job is to comfort a crying child, not yell at them and make them feel worse. Just a vent..thanks for reading.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Aug. 22, 2012 in General Parenting

• and this is exactly why some people should not be parents.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:38 AM on Aug. 23, 2012

• Oh God, that's awful
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• What an ASS! That poor baby! I probably would have said something because I have a big mouth!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 23, 2012

• poor child
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:02 AM on Aug. 23, 2012

• I really wanted to say something PMSmom but there were just no words that would have changed anything for that baby, I still feel just heartsick about it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Aug. 23, 2012

• I would have very loudly called 911. Earlier this summer I had a run in with a guy at the park because he dropped his 2 year old off in the playground while he sat in his truck across the parking lot. The park is called River Park. And the river is closer to the playground than his truck.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:14 AM on Aug. 23, 2012

• Some people are just too immature to be parents. That guy sounds like one of them. Poor baby, I hope the mother is better.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:24 AM on Aug. 23, 2012

• I'd like to think the mother is better too ohwrite. I assumed she ran in the store and the baby was crying for her. Maybe the baby would have been crying a lot harder if it was always mistreated like that?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Aug. 23, 2012

• Ohhh, I would have been so pissed!!! I might text in the parking and ask my toddler to stop screaming (because she is screaming for no reason), but if my car is not in motion and my baby is crying, I do something about it.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:32 AM on Aug. 23, 2012

• I actually thought about calling someone adnilm, but what could I have said? I heard that guy yelling at his baby to be quiet? Would police had done anything? Called CPS?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Aug. 23, 2012