Losing orgasm midway? TMI lol

I have skipped my last four periods, feel kind of crappy, and my libido isn't so great. DH and I have a great sex life normally but lately, I don't know what my problem is. He is an excellent lover and has never had any trouble getting me to orgasm. When we do have sex, it is great but I will start to have an orgasm and it suddenly stops, screeching halt, not even turned on anymore. It is almost as though I lose sensation, a numb feeling. It is like a firework that starts to explode and someone throws a bucket of water on it.

Any ideas, experience, insight that you could share?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like a hormone problem. I would go to the OB.
    Anonymous

• I have an appointment at the end of the month. Thats what I was thinking too.
    Anonymous

• Any chance your pregnant?
    Anonymous

• I took a test this morning and it was negative.
    Anonymous

• hmm, definitely sounds hormonal-are you close to menopause age-perhaps?
    Anonymous

• Could be your thyroid. I didn't get a period for two years because my thyroid levels were so low. It wasn't until I got diagnosed with hypothyroidism and started medication that my periods became regular, and my sex drive returned (and I got pregnant!).
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I will be 38 this month. I have had my thyroid tested, just a blood test, before and they were normal I guess. I wonder if it could be missed or is there more than a blood test involved in diagnosing a thyroid problem?
    Anonymous

• How long ago was the blood test? Have you had your blood tested since you've miss all those periods?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Are you using a condom? I ask because sometimes condoms will have a numbing agent on the inside along with the lubrication, and if that were to get onto your skin, it would definitely interfere with the sensations that you can feel. I know it sounds cliche, but obviously your doctor is in the best position to tell you what might be wrong. Good luck, I hope things get worked out!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:22 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I have an appt at the end of the month, We don't use condoms. Honestly, I have a hard time asking the doctor sex questions. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Feb. 6, 2009