What do you think of this? Fair or not fair?

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_020409WAB-car-seat-death-KC.1df5adaf.html

In a way I feel sorry for her because she must be devestated. I also feel that they are making an example out of her. But, at the same time it's something that should be enforced because things like this can happen when only driving a few blocks. What are your thoughts? What do you think her sentence should be?

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 1:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's totally FAIR. Eveything in the car AND on the car seat says that the baby CANNOT be in the front and for sure not with an airbag. She put her child in danger and in the end her baby died because of it.
    I think they should make an example of her and be more harsh on parents who don't follow car seat safety. And that doesn't mean just plop your child in the seat... but be in the seat correctly because there is no point in the seat if they are in the seat wrong.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i think she should be because she is obviously a unfit mother. she had 3 other girls in the back seat improperly seated! and she crashed in a NON moving vehicle wow what do you think she done other then this? hmm. that pour 3 month old use logic lady. put your oldest in the front farest from the air bag and the 3 month in the back. this woman obviously dont have her head on straight!
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I think it's fair. Every vehicle has a warning on the visors about car seats in the front seat/children in the front seat. She had 2 kids in the back seat but could have fit the carseat. back there. uggh. irresponsible parents. It's like the women who "forgets" her child is in the car, or the one who leaves her infant in the tub unattended.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I think it's fair, everyone knows what airbags do and there are warnings on the visors. You should never put a child under 13 in the front seat unless you can turn off the passenger air bag.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I think it's fair. She did endanger her kids and now one of them is dead. Even if the crash wasn't her fault, it was her fault that her child wasn't safely secured. PLUS, she knew better.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Fair
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Fair.

Horrible but fair.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• She's an idiot and she killed her baby... What's not fair is that poor baby had an irresponsible mother.

Life's not fair. But she deserves far worse than she is getting.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 4:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2009