another question got me to thinking...

I was reading through the questions and one kind of caught my eye, it was a question about gay marriage. now people that believe in God say that it is a sin. So why do these same people see polygamy as a sin when God commanded Abraham to take another wife? And that if he did this he would be blessed for it. We also know that Issac, Jacob, and David had many wives. So as saying that being Gay is a sin, is it not a sin when a man only has one wife?

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 1:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• actually having more than one wife is against the law, not against the bible.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• confused

Anonymous

• Old Testament or New Testament? 2009 B.C. or 2009 A.D.?
    Anonymous

• it is in the old testament!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I believe in God-I also think that Gay marriage should be legal. SOOO
    Anonymous

• Being Gay is not a sin, the physical act of homosexual sex is. Love the sinner, hate the sin. My husband brings home another wife, she better know how to cook, cause I can't.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

i cant cook either plus i hate cleaning!!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• LOL!!!!!!!! The bible does not say it is a sin to have more than one wife. First of all it was God's plan for men to have one wife. God never said it was a sin to have more than one. I feel it is the wisdom of God for a man to have just one. Look at all the confusion they went through trying to manage more than one woman. Homosexuality has always to documented as sin in the old and new testament.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Man wrote the bible and has included and cut things throughout the years.

Interprete it as you will.
    Anonymous

why i asked this question is because a lot of people believe in god and say that being gay is a sin, so since it is in the old testament that a man should have more then one wife then those who believe in god should live gods laws right.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2009