HOW MANY ARE MOMS TO TIPTOE WALKERS AND WHAT ARE YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH IT

LUCYLAND

Asked by LUCYLAND at 1:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• all I know is that depending on the age of the child, it's a symptom of Autism.
    Anonymous

• Here goes. My oldest son toe walked, and out grew it. He had symptoms of autism, but outgrew that too. My middle son, did NOT outgrow toe walking and each doctor would just say, "He is fine, let him out grow it." Well, guess what. At ten I looked at him. Really looked. He could NOT stand with his feet together. He could NOT put his feet flat and his feet together. His heel cords had tightened and shortened. He ended up getting botox injections in his calves. Then he got casting done to hold his feet in place. We had to go in every week for six weeks and change his casts. THEN, he had to get braces. He wore those 24/7 for 6 weeks. He is now normal, but has flat feet from the casting and has to do exercises and wear orthodics. He has been diagnosed with sensory integration dysfunction. Any questions feel free to ask. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My daughter now is 20 years old. From the time she learned to walk she walked on her tip toes til she was about 4 or 5. No other issues. My doctor always said it was not big deal. We always laughed about it thinking she would be a famous ballerina..... She ended up being a awesome soccer player. No worries ! I have never heard of Autism being related to that?? Is that relation something new ?

JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I have no ideas, but I am curious, I have been told that if you use walkers that your baby may be a toe walker. Do you use a walker? I do but my son isn't walking yet. Im just curious
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2009