My 15 year old daughter has a bad attitude..She called me a BITCH help

So I take my daughter to school yesterday morning and she was in a mood. SHe hates to be late to school and gets upset because in the morning I "rush her" to leave. She gets up early to get ready for school, she just stresses out for no reason. When she left my car while slamming the door she yelled out I HATE YOU BITCH!!! I felt like to park my car and smack her. I DID NOT SMACK HER! I did take her privledges away for a week. Why is she so moody??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Teenagers should be illegal lol. Take a deep breath mom. You did the right thing. Teenage years are hard, I wouldnt go back there for anything. Regardless of hormones etc. they still need to respect you.

I would personally take priviledges away for a week with stipulation she keeps her attitude in check.

Teenagers seem to forget that you have to give them food, a bed and clothing and an education till the 12th grade. Everything else is a bonus.

In real life in order to get a bonus you must earn it.

Teenagers don't get "real life". They think that food/bed/clothing is the bonus and the rest is expected.

Parents forget, that teenagers get what we give them. They have us convinced that we owe them more then the basics. Teach her a life lesson. Get her ready for the real world. Remember the "bonus system".
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• because she's 15 :)
    Anonymous

• Id have smacked her...bash away...but I will stand here infront of God and everyone and say with conviction I would have slapped her mouth. I wouldn't be driving her butt to school and she would lose every priv she has outside of breathing for a long time. I'm sorry but in my house you can dislike me..you can even hate me for the moment..but you will NOT disrespect me.. Good luck Mom..if it makes you feel any better she didn't really mean it out side of that moment I am sure and she won't be a teen forever...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• are you moody as well? does she get it from you? asking honestly.
    Anonymous

• Stop driving her to school, make her take the bus like ever other kid.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• She is a teenager. I used to do the same thing to my mom. I hated her guts when i was a teen. I felt she just never got it. but when i got older it got better (20 something). Try and see if she is willing to open up the communication with you. maybe you guys could talk about what is stressing her and ways you guys could relieve the situation. Also maybe she should go to bed earlier lol. I always staid up late and was cranky when i woke up.

YamahaGoddess

Answer by YamahaGoddess at 1:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I have a 16 yo with the same attitude but hasn't had the courage to say that word to me. Most teens are horribly moody, mine is my youngest. Do you have any other kids? Teens are the btween kids and their brains adults years. Their hormones grow before their intelligence does. I take away privileges too and add more taken away for additional attitude probs. I think we both do good parenting mom!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I would have slapped her. My mom ddi that to me once and I never said it again lol
    Anonymous

• I went through the same stage when I was younger but I was also going through a lot of different things. I honestly wouldn't take it too personally. She could just be going through some changes in her life that she is not comfortable talking to you about. When you two are on good terms you should simply state that what happened should not have happened and that she should take into consideration your feelings as well
    lathena

Answer by lathena at 2:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I would slap my dd too. She is just a teen op and they dont think b4 they speek.
    Anonymous