Vacationing with out your child?

Seen this on GMA. How old do you think your baby/child should be before leaving it with a sitter or family member to go on vacation?

I think if you trust the person you are leaving your child with. You have no problem with it. The child is healthy. Newborn if you want.

Asked by louise2 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• If you have someone you can really trust, I don't see a problem, either.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• Who does that???

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• 10 weeks is way to young
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• wow..i'd never leave a baby that young for that long. that's selfish, if you ask me.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:55 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• Could never do that !!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• i didn't even leave my ds with anyone for 1 overnight trip until he was about 2yo. its different for everyone, but not me.
    for a real vacation, a week or so, now is fine..but i can't have fun without him! he's my little buddy!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:42 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• I had to travel for work some but my dd was 7 and she stayed with my parents, we had an apartment on their property anyways but I has not been on a trip for fun with out my daughters until they were out of high school and I have granddaughter now so , it will be a LONG time before I have a vacation without children.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:44 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• I couldn't do it. My oldest son was 2 years old the first time I left him overnight...and that was because I had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured and I was in the hospital.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:59 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• Well, that depends on many things. I would've had no problem leaving my babies with my mom or mil at any age, I fully trust them. But I BF, so that was out of the question. Also, at that age I wouldn't leave my baby to go on vacation, IMHO, that's selfish. Suck it up for a while. I haven't been able to go on vacation alone with DH since my oldest was born, it's not the end of the world. If I ever get the opportunity, though, you'll bet I'll do it, but my boys are 6 and 8 and a half...

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• I have done 'overnights' since my child was 6 months old. My DH and I weren't over night, but we needed to go somewhere and my mom didn't want to stay at my house until we returned home at 10pm. So she asked to keep him at her house. I had no problem with that.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2012