Vacationing with out your child?

Seen this on GMA. How old do you think your baby/child should be before leaving it with a sitter or family member to go on vacation?

I think if you trust the person you are leaving your child with. You have no problem with it. The child is healthy. Newborn if you want.

Asked by louise2 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• If you have someone you can really trust, I don't see a problem, either.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:14 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• I probably wouldn't i'm kind of a hoverer especially with a child that young. But if someone wants to why not? as long as the child is left with someone responsible and trustworthy...
    rockabell.2009

Answer by rockabell.2009 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2012

• I never not taken my children with me when I leave. The only time I have been away from my children for more than 2 days was when I was at training for the military and couldn't have them with me, and the 2 days was when I was doing drill weekends and they were at home with their dad.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• tsk tskWhat was she thanking!

jthough407

Answer by jthough407 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• My ex and his wife left their child (his second & her first) at 5 weeks for 3 weeks!! They left him with his parents but still.......
    I never left my daughter overnight until she was 11 and then it was 1 night. Vacations are for family.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• My husb & I started taking a long weekend for just the 2 of us about 5 yrs ago, when our youngest was 5 y/o. I would never be able to do this if it wasn't for my mom staying at my house to keep things running smoothly. I could never just leave my kids with a sitter - it'd have to be my mom to be able to relax enough to enjoy our trip. I think it's important for couples to get away & reconnect as a couple. Happier couple, happier marriage, happier family. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 28, 2012

• I haven't yet in 3 1/2 yrs. I did go away for 3 months for school. It was not my choice but man it felt like a vacation. I love taking her places because I love the excitement to share with her the first time she experiences things. I have traveled with out her here and there for other reasons but not vacation. just feels odd. even though to celebrate my graduation i have yet to go away with some friends. we were planning it but again we are poor so we are waiting to do it when we all have our jobs and settled in to do a girls weekend away. mommy needs some time. 10 weeks does seem rather young but its only a week its not months. to each their own.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2012

• I didn't leave my kids to go away with my husband until they were 4 and 6. It was only for 3 nights and I was crying as we drove away. We had fun though. Now we do it every year for a few nights.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Our son stayed overnight with relatives when he was very young. He was the first male grandchild and everyone wanted to babysit. As long as you trust the person the kid is staying with, I don't see a problem.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:10 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Until fairly recently we did not go anywhere without our children, They are grown now but there were tw weekends. One theeir grandfather stayed with them while we had training, the other was a funeral at an extremely bad time of year and school exams were on. They stayed with respective friends.
    Trip took longer than expected as well. I called a lot.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2012