Vacationing with out your child?

Seen this on GMA. How old do you think your baby/child should be before leaving it with a sitter or family member to go on vacation?

I think if you trust the person you are leaving your child with. You have no problem with it. The child is healthy. Newborn if you want.

Asked by louise2 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 23, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• My husb & I started taking a long weekend for just the 2 of us about 5 yrs ago, when our youngest was 5 y/o. I would never be able to do this if it wasn't for my mom staying at my house to keep things running smoothly. I could never just leave my kids with a sitter - it'd have to be my mom to be able to relax enough to enjoy our trip. I think it's important for couples to get away & reconnect as a couple. Happier couple, happier marriage, happier family. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 28, 2012

• My ex and his wife left their child (his second & her first) at 5 weeks for 3 weeks!! They left him with his parents but still.......
    I never left my daughter overnight until she was 11 and then it was 1 night. Vacations are for family.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2012

• tsk tskWhat was she thanking!

jthough407

Answer by jthough407 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2012

• I never not taken my children with me when I leave. The only time I have been away from my children for more than 2 days was when I was at training for the military and couldn't have them with me, and the 2 days was when I was doing drill weekends and they were at home with their dad.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2012

• I probably wouldn't i'm kind of a hoverer especially with a child that young. But if someone wants to why not? as long as the child is left with someone responsible and trustworthy...
    rockabell.2009

Answer by rockabell.2009 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2012