1 year old daughter with no teeth yet....any suggestions to help her out?

My daughter just turned 1 on Jan 18th but she has no teeth yet and her gums show no sign that any are going to pop through anytime soon. Is this common & any suggestions?? (this is my 3rd baby & I never had this prob)

Kartoonkris

Asked by Kartoonkris at 1:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• it happens they will come in when they are ready nothing you can do to make it happen. If you are the worried take her to the dentist.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My sister's Daughter just got her first tooth she is 13 months now. Honey don't rush it cause my son had a mouth full of teeth at 6 months and he bites me A LOT. And OMG it hurts. I wish he had no teeth at times.

YamahaGoddess

Answer by YamahaGoddess at 1:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My daughter's teeth did not come in until after she was one. Her Ped. told me not to worry unless she didn't have any by the age of 2
    Anonymous

• That seems really late to me too. Does it look like teeth under the gums? I don't know what else to call them but teeth bumps. If not, I would look into it further.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My dd got her first tooth at 14 months. I was told that the longer they take to come in, the stronger and healthier they will be.
    girliesmom07

Answer by girliesmom07 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My daughter is almost 2 and she is still missing A LOT of teeth - she probalby has 10 maybe.
    christlmomof2

Answer by christlmomof2 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• No worries, don't rush it... what I have always been told the longer the teeth take to come in the stronger they will be.
    cherbear3317

Answer by cherbear3317 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Your supposed to take a child to the dentist 6 months after their first tooth or by their 1st birthday which ever comes first, so you should just make an appointment with the dentist where she is one anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2009