• In the Spotlight:

prenatal heart listener

is it to early to listen to your babies heart beat at 19 weeks because i bought one and i cant find the heart beat or maybe im not using it right cause i dont know where to put it at

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• those usually dont work until the third trimester. some people they just dont work with. my friend bought one and it didnt work on here the whole pregnancy. imo ..waste of money
    Anonymous

• you wasted your money lol. i had one given to me and im now 28wks and the only thing i can hear in there is him moving around and of course all my tummy gurgling noise.
    They dont work like the ones at the drs office sorry....
    the people who gave it to me said they never could hear anything but maybe the hicups once in a while or a strong kick.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Did you buy a real doppler or a sound amplifier? A true doppler will pick up the heart beat at 12 weeks. The sound amplifier, like the one made by bebesounds, I think is meant to use in your 3rd trimester and sometimes many women still find it difficult to find the baby's heart beat.
    Anonymous

• The amplifier is good starting around the fifth month. If it is a Doppler you can use it sooner but will want to be cautious of exposure.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I never had any success with mine. A real doppler will work now, just be sure to use gel, but I agree that the home heartbeat things are a waste of money.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i have one you have to put it low like where your pants would sit and then most of the time the babies heart beat hides behind yours so if you are lucky you will hear something mostlikely not though
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2009