I recently and unexpectedly found my adult son (who I placed up for adoption as an infant) on Facebook - should I contact him.

I want to my hand hovers over the send button. How do I approach it with out destroying any chance at reunion later... Particulars. This began as a private adoption before his birth it was supposed to have been open but at 2 years old the letters and photos just abruptly stopped. He knows he is adopted.

meanmayormary

Asked by meanmayormary at 6:33 PM on Aug. 23, 2012 in Adoption

• I don't know. I don't think contacting him through facebook is the way to do it. If you know his parents write a letter to them with your contact information.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• This touches my heart. My husband is adopted. He was adopted at 9 weeks, so he has never known his birth mother. He is now 42 yrs. old. I am so thankful for him and feel God saved him for me by allowing the adoptive parents to raise him. He is so special to me and his family.

We are seriously considering adopting a child now. We have one boy, but have not been able to have another healthy pregnancy. I can see both sides of the adoptive process. I have cousins that are adopted and had several friends also while growing up who were.

I serioulsy hope that you can connect with him. That is so precious and I know you ache to see him and get to know him. I do hope the best for you, mamma.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• eh...i wouldn't, if he wants to contact YOU then let him make the first move, there may still be a lot of hurt and anger there with him, you never know
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• how exciting! Did he message you back? I am curious what the message you sent said. Good luck! Do you all live close?
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• Not sure if I would do that
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 12:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2014