What do you do when you feel there is no hope?

No matter the situation...financially in our case.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Aug. 23, 2012 in Money & Work

• I am moving to KY, lower priced housing than where I am now and the potential to make substantially more money. All in all its a leap of faith.
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 11:08 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• Count your blessings.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:15 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• I pick my sorry ass up and start moving. You can't give up. I'm assuming you have a family. You need to get out there... call somewhere to help you. Here, we have First Call For Help. They will get you started in the right direction. I've been a single mom, with no money, a part-time job, not able to receive any type of financial assistance.... You make do. You do the things that are priorities.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:17 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• I try not to feel like that. If I feel bad in one area of my life I compensate for feeling better about another part of my life. If I was having hard financial times, I would look at the things I could get rid of and either have a yard sale or I would take things I no longer needed or wanted that are in good condition to a consignment shop. For myself, being depressed about my situation is made worse by things that distract me. If I have a mess or I walk around my house and see how much stuff I would have to move or find a place to store it makes me feel a burden that I can do something about. IDK, it works for me.

I hope you can get your situation figured out and on the right track. Good luck.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:32 PM on Aug. 23, 2012

• I change the way I think and get out of "self". The best way to feel better about our own lives is to focus on what we can do for others.

Also look at all of the solutions logically. Is bankruptcy an option, do you need a smaller mortgage, what can you do,  what can you change?      Hang in there.   life has a way of working itself out.        

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:14 AM on Aug. 24, 2012

• we're in the same boat. hubby wants to throw in the towel, but i won't let him. i remember all the strange things that had happened to us this year and i know the lord has big plans for us, so i refuse to allow him to think negitive thoughts. this thing won't let me write what i really want to, but trust me, everything will be get better. if you want to talk, i'll be on for another hour.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2012

• Oh, it gets hard sometimes and feels like things are closing in on us, but I just think back to last year and know that we are back where we belong. In a smaller house with a smaller income, but we are where we need to be.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:22 AM on Aug. 24, 2012

• Focus on getting through one day at a time and do something every day that helps your financial situation, such as making sure you look for a job or making sure you get your butt to work on time or setting aside time to look for a better job or see if going to school would help improve things or cutting back on expenses you don't really need. When you're really feeling hopeless, surf the web for military memorial sites and read their stories...people who gave their life for your freedom or who've lost body parts have it much worse than you, so you begin to stop feeling hopeless and start appreciating what you do have.

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:49 AM on Aug. 24, 2012

• Keep trying though my tears and pain. Never stop thinking of what else I can do.

Here is a song  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhTjnzlcIeI

A dream is a wish your heart makes
    When you're fast asleep
    In dreams you lose your heartaches
    Whatever you wish for, you keep
    Have faith in your dreams and someday
    Your rainbow will come smiling thru
    No matter how your heart is grieving
    If you keep on believing
    the dream that you wish will come true

mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• There is always hope. Sometimes we get overwhelmed and can't think of the options that can bring hope. You were not specific so we can't throw out ideas for you but sit down, take a deep breath, write down all your financial obligations. Put them in priority order. See what changes you can make like calling credit card companies and see if they allow one missed payment a year (some do). Call the mortgage or car payment co and see if you can make an interest only payment. Small things like that can help you get caught up. Like the above poster moving to KY, a move might be an option. I'm trying to move back to Ky myself.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:14 PM on Aug. 24, 2012