hip and back pain

i have the worst hip and back pain lately im 28wks pregnant and i know its just part of the game but its to the point where i feel crippled sometimes during the day. iv tried tylenol it dont work, iv tried a heating bad, warm baths, my DH even gives me a massage at night but nothing seems to really help. the massage helps me relax enough to fall sleep but the pain is no better and in the mornings getting out of bed is almost impossible at first.
Any suggestions? iv asked the dr he said its just pregnancy related nothing is wrong and to take tylenol and try heating pads. ehhhh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is probably sciatic nerve pain there is nothing you can really do about it just what you already are.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I know how you feel, nothing helps. I have a bath everynight then I go straight to bed and get a rub from my fiance before it gets a chance to hurt again.
    And I don't mean to kick you while you're down but it's really only going to get worse. Everyone told me that and I didn't believe it could get worse, but it does.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 2:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I'm surprised your doctor did not recommend simple stretches & trying to walk more during the day. This made a world of difference with both of my pregnancies & I had bad sciatic pain, both from the pregnancy & also just having a desk job.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 3:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• oooh I feel you! I am 27 weeks and the past 3 weeks have been hell! Absolutely nothing works ...sitting, laying down, walking all make it worse! ...that is exactly how I feel! ...CRIPPLED!!! My dr said to get a belly wrap or belly band? I researched them on babiesrus.com and I think I'm going to try one. gluck xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 3:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• go to ur closest target, walmart or kmart and go to the work out equiptment department- grab one of those giant balance balls- u know which ones i mean? and sit on it with ur legs slightly spread and rock around in circles like ur doing the hoola hoop- ull probably wanna buy it first lol- but when u get that thing home and pump it up and try that oh my goodness- i did everything that required sitting on that ball- at the comp- folding clothes- just watching tv its all good lol try it
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• happens to me too but i pick a comfortable spot in bed relax and just forget about
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2009