Why do people have problems with other's posting anonymously but then they set their profile to private?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because they want to be able to say "I can put my face to my answer" lol
    Anonymous

• They post anonymously to get their point across and leave without being attacked. The reason people make their profile private is for their kids safety. So creeps don't just go look at it.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 2:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Posting annon is different then setting your profile to private. You can see the person who is replying to answers in groups but if you come in here to the "Answers" and post annon then no one knows who you are. I think posting Anon you are hiding behind your answer. If your not confidant in your answer why answer someones question at all? And yes, I can say that I can put a face to all my answers. I dont understand why some cant.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If your not confidant in your answer why answer someones question at all?

Why?  Because some people on here will bash another Mom unmercifully!  I've gotten HATE mail about everything from formula feeding to vaccinating to what I do for a living!  So when it comes to a controversial question, I answer anonymously.  We can make our profile private, but can't prevent anyone from sending a hate-filled PM to us.  Yeh, we can then block that person of course, but by then it's too late.  Another reason?  Because there have been times when a friend has posted a question, asked for an OPINION, and I happen to disagree.  So I keep it anon in that case too.  Just because we have a difference of opinion on one subject, is not reason to cause strain on all the other great things we have in common.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• ok my feeling is lets say your question.you signed it anonymously.which really means nobody knows who wrote the question and there for cant really send you any pm....but then again it is kind of the same but opposite.to sign you name but it is private means ya you know who i am but you cant send me any bad pm..(private messages)so it is kind of 6of one half a dozen of another.i just write anonymous and thats that.i think i know some of the people that are on here so i dont want them knowing what i am writing.
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Another reason? Because there have been times when a friend has posted a question, asked for an OPINION, and I happen to disagree. So I keep it anon in that case too. Just because we have a difference of opinion on one subject, is not reason to cause strain on all the other great things we have in common.

Well if you were her real friend you could be yourself and tell her why you have your difference of opinion. For all you know she could have been looking for that and since you posted anon she will never know who to thank. If you think a difference in opinon is going to cause strain on your friendship....well, thats why we all have difference of opinions because if we all thought the same way the world would be a lame place. In a different prosective, people need to see the pros and cons of thier questions RESPECTFULLY. So the only reason I see someone posting anon is because they are about to be disrespectul.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I answer anon and I'm never disrespectful because I know how it feels to be bashed and I wouldn't want to make someone feel the same way. My reasons are the same as Cookiemom108. And I always try to answer objectively, not in the "my way is right, yours is wrong' style so many moms seem to have.
    Anonymous

• So the only reason I see someone posting anon is because they are about to be disrespectul

Not me.  I am never disrespectful, anon or not.  Don't generalize or assume.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I'm not assuming. I'm talking from experiance. The MAJORITY of the time that I see someone posting anonymously is when they are being a smart fart or disrespectful. Sorry I guess I should have worded that better. I wasnt pointing fingers I'm just telling like it is.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 4:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Because sometimes a person's question is stupid, and begs to be made fun of. I prefer to do my fun-making annon.
    Anonymous