Grinding teeth......

My one year old has her two top teeth and two bottom teeth. She keeps grinding them together and I can't stand it. It sounds like she's chewing a hard piece of candy. Did your kids do this and how do I get her to stop?!?!?!

Kenzies_momma

Asked by Kenzies_momma at 2:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• my youngest isn't doing it so far thank god (13 months) because yes it is anoying I hated it when my oldest did it she started when she was around 10 or 11 months. I think it is the feel of there teeth or something she always done that I would yell at her to stop like she new what I was talking about lol. I think she was about 15 or 16 months when she finally stopped doing it. But she stopped on her own.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• All I did was keep telling her no no when I heard her doing that or get her on doing something else or eat a snack because grining teeth isnt very good on those teeth. So until she stops and trust me she will just give her something to do.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Ya I stuck her binky in her mouth! I hate those binkies and she only gets it at nap time and now when shes grinding her teeth!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 2:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My oldest did that when he was first getting teeth. I would sometimes give him one of those biter biscuits or another little snack. That usually got him to stop. It was super annoying, but he grew out of it!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 3:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• my oldest use to do this drove me nuts. i brought it up to the doctor and she said it has something to do with them teething and the pain,. thank god he grow out of it
    proudyoungmom87

Answer by proudyoungmom87 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 7, 2009