Weighing in small

I had a 25 week ultrasound today and they said that they baby is weighing in small. She is about 2 weeks behind in growth. I am going to a high risk OB for an ultrasound sometime in the next month or so just to make sure everything is ok. Has anyone had any experience with this?

musikdoll

Asked by musikdoll at 2:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try not to stress some people just dont have big babies. We went in for a u/s at 26 wks and our little guy is measuring about a week behind. My dr said he is still in the average range and maybe they are alittle off on his due date. Our dr is checking him again at 30wks to verifie hes still gaining like he should. My son measured alittle on the small side to and he was still a happy healthy 7lbs 9.5oz when he was born and he was born a week early.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Are you and the baby's dad small people? Were you (and he) born small? Are you certain about your due date?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It could be the due date was wrong. My son weighed in 2 weeks larger than average when I was about 25 weeks but he was born in the 50th percentile for his weight but has only been in the 25th percentile since! They kept telling me he was going to be a big boy but he's not real big at all.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I was 6 10 1/2 when I was born and I think he was about 7 lbs. We're average height and everything now. He double checked my due date and said that it would stay the same based on everything else, like my uterus, fluid stuff like that.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Moms can vary & it can be normal & healthy. Watching to see if it continues this way over time or if baby seems to be slowing down is important.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2009