yellow spots on babys head?

i have a 15 week old...and i have just noticed that she has kinda like mustard yellow colored small spots on the top of her head...does any one happen to know what this is?........ im still going to ask her dr at her checkup this month but i was just curious if anyone else has a baby with yellow spot of the head

gonnabamomma

Asked by gonnabamomma at 2:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when you touch it, does it come off...or is it actual discolouration of her head? Cradle cap can appear like yellow spots, they come off when you scratch them lightly..your not supposed to, but that will show you they come off..indicating it's cradle cap.

Anonymous

• no it doesnt i rubed baby oil on it to see if it was n it doesnt come off at all then i used a warm wash cloth n that did nothing also
    gonnabamomma

Answer by gonnabamomma at 2:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• sounds like cradle cap
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• there was tons on my sons head, and some wouldn't come off with the baby oil either...I had to pick it, gently. If then it still doesn't, then I'd ask your Doc...if it's discolouration it could be something that needs to be treated.

Anonymous

• yea i dont think its cradle cap cause it isnt coming off at all n it really just looks discoloredi honestly only noticed it because she was screaming n sometimes when she screams she seems to get a few patches or dry red flaky skin so i was using it to look at her head since i have bad eyes n it felt like her head had flakes but i didnt see any just the discoloration
    gonnabamomma

Answer by gonnabamomma at 2:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• im just gonna keep an eye on it n call the dr if it changes any?
    gonnabamomma

• can you scratch it off with your nail?
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My almost 4 month old baby girl has the same yellow spots. They do scratch off but I tried that and she screamed. Poor thing. Not sure what it is. My other daughter never had it...
    momo2sweetgirls

Answer by momo2sweetgirls at 8:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010