dry skin

my 3 m/o daughter has one patch of dry skin on her back. No rash or bumps around it and no dry skin anywhere else. What is it and what can I do?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 2:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 13 month old had something like that a couple months ago. Is it Red??? My dd it was red it wouldn't go away achually I asked my mom and my mom said it almost looked like wring worm but it wasn't it was ruff. I put lotion on it nothing. I took her to the dr and they told me it was ezsema. They gave me a prescription cream to put on it and it isn't red anymore and you can't see it really anymore but sometimes you can feel it and if i do i put some more cream on here it may be ezsema
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Sounds like eczema (sp?) to me. I still get that. Both my brother and I had it bad when we were babies. I use aquaphor on it now, which I'm sure is fine for her, but maybe check with you Dr just in case.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Not sure, but you can try Aquaphor
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• yeah its red and i can see dry skin. what do i have to do special for eczema and is this going to be for the rest of her life?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I would wait a few days and if it doesn't go away then I would call your dr. Just tell them that she has this red spot on her arm and that you dont know what it is. That is what I did and they seen her and prescribed her cream for it I had to rub on it 2 times a day I think 2 or 3. My dd got that when she was about 6 or 7 months and she still has it. She is 13 months now. You wont always see it, but you may feel it. If you or your hubby has dry skin then it is possible your child does. My hubby has very bad dry skin. Both my girls have dry skin. I put lotion on them after baths. If the bathwater is to warm my 13 month old will start screaming not that it is to hot but that it burns her skin bc she is dry. My oldest isn't as dry, but still has dry skin she is almost 4. My girls have dry skin in the winter then there skin is nice and soft in the sprin and summer.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• strange I know hubby does that to though his skin is really bad in the winter but fine other times. What I do with my girls is just in the winter give them a bath every other or every two days. If you want to know anymore about the dry skin or what I do pm me i will try to help you out. But she might have it the rest of her life and she may grow out of it.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2009