I am 37wks,5days, 3cm dialated, 70% effaced. I took some castoroil to try and speed the procees up but I threw it right back up. What can I do to speed up the dialation process? I am so miserable!

Pregnant and due Feb 21st, 2009

t143bridget

Asked by t143bridget at 2:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nothing. Just wait. I know-it sucks.
    Anonymous

• walk...but 37 weeks is NOTHING!! I was over due, so I dont think you need to "speed" it up, let nature take its course when your baby is READY you will go into labor if your baby is not ready your body wont go into labor. And IMO it is ver selfish of you to try and force it
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• She's not selfish-she's miserable-geesh-everyone who's been pregnant should be able to relate to that.
    Anonymous

• castor oil wont do anything but make you cramp and poop yourself. Some other old wives tales that some people swear by but are WAY less dangerous than castor oil are eating pineapple (lots of it), sex, and walking. Walking is the only one I know of that they actually recommend. Still some women can be as effaced and dilated as you are for a month. It really doesn't mean you are going to have a baby tomorrow or even next week.

That said, it's not long now comparatively anyway. Good luck and thinking happy labor thoughts at you!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 2:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• LMAO....you sound like me. I had gone to the doctor on a tuesday and I was NOTHING!!! My doctor told me it would not be anytime soon. I was crying the rest of that day because I was so upset. This was only 11 days before my due date. I went and drank castro oil too and threw most of it up. Anyways I knew some of it stayed in me because I was pooping the rest of the day!!! But two days after that my water had broken and I had her later that night. I was miserable too but when she came I wish I had waited because she was safer in my belly!!! I just missed my sleep because she was my first and had NO clue what I was doing!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 2:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• yuck i cant believe you resorted to castor oil the only thing you would have gotten from that is the runs.
    my advice is walk and have sex and you can try nipple stimulation.
    But honestly if your body and your baby isnt ready then nothing will work baby will decided when its time to come.
    sorry your are misarable i can relate to that and iv still got 12wks to go lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• WALK WALK WALK
    Anonymous

• Please talk to your doc before trying any more DIY labor induction techniques. Nearly all of them pose some level of risk to the baby. The only ones I know of that pose no risk are sex, walking, and eating spicy foods. Those won't work unless you are ready to go. A due date can be off by up to 2 weeks, so you could still have a month or so left. I know the last few weeks are uncomfortable, but don't push it. Let baby come when it is ready instead of taking risks.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Walk. Sex. Pineapple. Warm bath.
    And if they don't work, it's not like you did any harm!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 2:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• THIS NEEDS REPEATING:

Please talk to your doc before trying any more DIY labor induction techniques. Nearly all of them pose some level of risk to the baby. The only ones I know of that pose no risk are sex, walking, and eating spicy foods. Those won't work unless you are ready to go. A due date can be off by up to 2 weeks, so you could still have a month or so left. I know the last few weeks are uncomfortable, but don't push it. Let baby come when it is ready instead of taking risks.  (riotgrrl)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2009