Paragard removed=no period=negative hpt

I had my Paragard removed on July 23rd. I had it in for 5 1/2 years. During that time my cycle averaged 26 days. I'm now officially 6-7 days late on my period with no sign of it rearing it's ugly head any time soon. I've taken 3 HPT... all negative. We are actively ttc so we can hopefully have a baby before I turn 35, lol!
Has anyone had the paragard removed and then not gotten their period for any length of time? If so how long till it came back?

kryssie78

Asked by kryssie78 at 8:11 AM on Aug. 24, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• Try this site

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:59 AM on Aug. 24, 2012

• I checked the website, but couldn't find the info I needed. Mostly wondering when people got their period after Paragard IUD was removed. I'm now 8 days late for my "regular for the last 5 years, 26 day cycle" I was going to call my MD on monday but forgot about the holiday, lol (damn getting the kiddo's ready for school) so my calls going to have to wait until tuesday.

So who has had paragard removed and then missed a cycle? Or how long did it take to get your period afterwards? Any answers are truly appreciated!
    kryssie78

Comment by kryssie78 (original poster) at 8:53 AM on Aug. 26, 2012

• Hi kryssie78

I have your same question :)

Got the paraguard out 5 days before I ovulated. Tried to conceive all 5 days. I've had sore breasts, nausea and mood swings for a week and am 2 days late but the the pregnancy tests are coming up negative.

Do you know yet if you're pregnant? Have the symptoms persisted?
    alexandra_co

Answer by alexandra_co at 11:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2012

• I ended up getting my period 9 days late. no pregnancy.... and got my next period with a 28 day cycle....
    kryssie78

Comment by kryssie78 (original poster) at 8:56 AM on Sep. 28, 2012