My Toddlers Won't Stop Fighting!

I'm writing a Toddler Buzz post about how moms help their toddlers to get along with one another. I'm curious whether moms believe it's best to be a mediator and intervene all the time, or if you just let them duke it out.

1. Do you have at least two toddlers who are siblings?

2. Do they fight all the time -- or at least a lot?

3. How do you help them "love" one another? Do you hover constantly, or let them go at it and resolve the issue themselves? What works for you?

Thanks, I hope to use some of your answers in an upcoming post in Toddler Buzz!

Cafe Cynthia

Cafe Cynthia

Asked by Cafe Cynthia at 2:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have a 2yr old and a 3yr old. They fight constantly! Over every little thing. If it gets out of hand, the only thing I have found to do is send them each to their own rooms to calm down. That usually works for a few minutes anyway!

I'm interested to see what others have to say, maybe I can get some more ideas!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 3:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• When my kids keeping disagree with each other I usually let themsolve their problems by them self I sit them down and ask how they think we should solve this problem without get physical.Most of the time they end up laghing from their ideas.Other way for them to work together is givingthem little shores that they have to help each other to do it.
    yakisoba

Answer by yakisoba at 6:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I love this topic. I have 3 boys (10, 6, 2). The argue a lot and it does get on my nerves. I try to let them work it out. It is their way of communicating and they are learning how to work the problems out between them. From time-to-time, my dh and I will intervene if we think that is best.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2009