cracked feet.......please please help!!!

Okay I have really nasty feet. But I have never had it this bad. My feet crack on the heels and one of them cracked so bad that it's bleeding and really hurts when I walk. What can I put on them to help heal it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• I like to put vicks on my feet before going to bed. It may hurt with them already cracked. It is warming and relaxing...vaseline will have the same effect. Smear all over and put soft socks on..it feels awesome.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Go to Walmart and go to the acne aisle buy the generic Stridex Pads with 2% Salicylic acid and use them on your feet. The acid will eat away at all the dead callused skin and then cover with a lotion. I saw that on Oprah over the Holidays and it works for like 3 bucks!!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Couple of questions:
    Do you go barefoot or without socks a lot?
    Do you walk around in sock feet a lot?

Unless you have a skin condition, like eczema or psoriasis, then it is likely that your feet have become air/dust dry. Same principal as handling paper with your fingers all day... the natural oil from your skin is wicked away by the material it's coming in contact with.
    A good practice is to soak your feet in as hot of water as you can tolerate, immediately exfoliating while the skin is still soft, followed immediately by a good foot therapy cream and a nice soft pair of socks. Do this at least every other night for a couple of weeks... then make a better practice of wearing socks, applying lotion at night and exfoliating your feet.
    Immediately....soak, scrub and apply neosporin to heal the open cracks.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• slop them up with vaseline at least overnight, everynight and wear socks to bed. They are just plain dried out. Lotion after every shower. Good cotton socks and well fitting shoes. Drink plenty of water.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 5:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Okay I noticed when my feet do that I'm having intestinal problems,ya no kidding if you look at a foot chart of youe feet you will see that the intestines is in that area,What I did to relieve my foot problem was does up on magnesium and after a month my feet healed. Theirs reasons why our bodies do things like this and its good cause it helps us figure out whats wrong.your feet arent dried out try what I suggest hon trust me your feet will heal faster..
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 7:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2009