Can anyone recommend a good Bollywood movie?

just wondering if someone could recommend a good bollywood video they have watched recently. preferably something that is a light hearted romantic comedy (or just a romatic comedy) dh and i have been bombing on our picks lately...

ArmyWifeMomof3

Asked by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Entertainment

• I agree halfprint. I saw that last weekend and LOVED it. But it is hard to watch at times. I also liked Bride and Prejudice. The other mainstream one is Monsoon Wedding which I believe was the inspiration behind My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:56 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I just bought Bride and Prejudice and haven't watched it yet. I wanted something along the lines of what you described- especially the dancing, and I read several of the descriptions and comments on Amazon.com before deciding on this one. I'll be interested in other recommendations, too.

Answer by Bmat at 3:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• we actually saw that! i thought it was pretty good. i really liked it.. dh was a bit put off, but don't take his word for it. he is a guy! lol
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Thanks. I was wondering. If you have one or find a good light one with music and dancing I'd be interested in hearing about it. :)

Answer by Bmat at 4:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• my friend was an extra in two bollywood videos shot in london. the first one, Namastey London is really good. the second, Bhangam Bhang (bhag?) is also pretty good. i liked it more than dh did. it has A LOT of singing and dancing in it. he thought it was a bit long and drawn out. if you see London Namastey, there is a scene where they are playing rugby. the two main girls are sitting in the stands, there is a girl behind them. she is my best friend from high school!
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It's not very lighthearted, but Slumdog Millionaire was excellent.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:21 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• thanks ladies! i will put them on my list!
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2009