teenage sex

i have a question for you ladies
If you are a mom of a teenager or of course we all will be some day and you know your child is having sex do you
A. Forbid them to have sex, and yell and scream at them or
B. make sure they know all about safe sex, stds, and how to protect themselfs and do you make sure your DD is on birthcontrole and make sure your DS has condoms?
My mother was the type who told me if your going to have sex atleast come to me so we can make sure you are on B/C and you know what kind of STDs are out there and know how to profect yourself. thats how i plan on raising my children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'll probably do both! I'm figuring I'll yell and scream at her and then after I cool off tell her "B".
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 3:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• A. Definitely, teenage sex will not be tolerated in my house. I didn't do it. Hubby didn't do it. My kids sure as hell better not do it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• IMO B is the answer. If you know they are doing it anyway, it's better to give them the right info and hope for the best. DO let them know you DO NOT agree that they should be having sex at such a young age. DO let them know thry are risking their life.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 3:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Pnukey so if thats the case what if they are doing it? Then what you dont educate them on whats out there and how to protect themselfs?
    What would you do if your DD came home pregnant or DS came home to say he got a girl pregnant? If they are going to do it yelling at them isnt going to make them stop.
    Anonymous

• More B than A. I will encourage them to wait until they are older and ready to deal with all the complications that sex brings into your life, but I will also make sure they know about how to prevent STD's and pregnancy if they do decide to have sex and will encourage them to come to me if they need help or advice.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• B all the way, if you apporoach a tennager by yelling and screaming its just a good way for them to never come to you for anything ever again, thats what my mom did to me, and I still went on with what I was doing and just didn't tell her about it, yeah thats also how I ended up being a teen mom
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I have went thru this with 2 of my children I say we had the B approach I didn't encourage teen sex of course but you can't stop them form doing it either I am a mom that my kids can talk to me about anything and I mean anything.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• We're a long way off from this in my family, but what I plan to do is first try to instill in them the importance of not having sex so young but I will make sure that they know what to do to be safe, because eventually they do need to know even if they wait until they are older.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i 'd say neither! Id let them know that kids are doing it and that you will not allow it in your home. Make sure you honestly tell them the life changing effect it WILL have on them. (now and in the future) yelling and screaming wont help, my parents did this and i still did it. not something i am proud of but the truth. i am married but not to the one i lost my "V" to, and we have been married for 8years and i am now 26 with 3 kids, but we also live in a small town and just the other day, i was with my husband at the gas station and right behind us is "the one" i lost my "v" to. so it was very weird and it kind of made me ashamed because my husband knw that the guy behind him was "that one". I wish now that i am older and a christian women, i could have gave "that (V)" to my husband. and that is the story i will tell my 2 girls when they r older. Plus the BIBLE says its wrong.
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My teenager would not be engaged in any sexual activity while she lives under my roof. Period. If I found out she was having sex, I'd drag her ass down to a local clinic to test for STD's, and would inform her that as long as she had sex, she was going to get checked out for STD's once per week.
    Anonymous