Can you at least agree with Obama on this one issue?

Obama has promised to stop the DEA raids of medical marijuana facilities in states where it was approved.

Can we at least agree that using federal resources to go against states rights is bad and ending it is good?

Friday

Asked by Friday at 3:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I agree with this.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yes
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 3:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Nope. I wouldn't know why they would spend the energy unless they felt that there were federal laws being broken (superseding state laws).

Anonymous

• So, anon 12:10, you are against states rights?

Yes, technically marijuana is illegal at the federal level no matter what but if the states voted to legalize it with an rx for medical purposes is it really prudent to use our limited resources busting sick people and their doctors & caregivers? Or even Constitutional?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• That's absurd. No, I am not against state rights. I am against people breaking federal laws. I thought that was obvious by what I wrote, but thanks for asking for a more transparent message. Is that good enough for you? How about this: If you personally don't know why the DEA is raiding these facilities, then how can you stand by and claim that what they are doing is wrong? It's a double edged sword.

Anonymous

• anonymous why are you attacking the poster .Read her question again.
    Anonymous

• No, not absurd, some people are against states rights.

They are raiding these facilities because marijuana is illegal at the federal level, period.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Maybe they are raiding them because there are fake prescriptions, you know, for bunions or freckles and what not.  My point is that if you don't know why there are there, then you don't know if they are needlessly raiding these facilites. 

And I am not attacking anyone. I answered the question, twice. What's the problem? So, I don't agree with op. Are we not allowed an opinion anymore? Should I post questions and complain about the answers I get? (that was directed at anon 2:25)

Anonymous

• I don't know. On the surface I am very excited, but then I see precedents it sets for states rights (not with regard to the drug issue) to go against fed law, and I worry a bit. So I am on the side of good and bad.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It's a drug that is ILLEGAL. Explain to me the problem with raiding the places growing it? Just because you put hte word "medicinal" in front of it doesn't suddenly make it ok. I could say I want "medicinal" crack, that doesn't mean htat I should be able to get it!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009