Bad/scary childhood memory?

Nothing too horrible happened to me as a child thankfully but one comes to mind immediately. It was a small car accident we were in when I was about 5 (i think?). My mom and my sisters and I were in the car and somehow my mom drive off the road into a ditch. It was all back roads and farms so there wasn't anyone around. My oldest sister hit her head on the seatbelt connector thing and it sliced her forehead open and I just remember I was wearing a beautiful white dress (might've been coming from church) and she laid down on my lap and was bleeding ALL over my dress :( Then I remember my mom made us all get out of the car and we had to climb a couple fences to get to the nearest house and call my dad to come and help. Thankfully we were all okay and my sister just needed a couple stitches. Its funny though how that image of my pretty dress and my sister laying on my bleeding all over it has stuck with me all these years!

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 4:23 PM on Aug. 24, 2012 in Just for Fun

• My worst one, was when I was 12, my sister was 15, and she was dating a guy. Well, she broke it off with him, and he didn't like that. One night, he came to our house, and stood outside her bedroom window, with a knife in his hand. Then he started banging on the window (He couldn't get in, because we had bars on our windows) we called the cops, and they took him away. He was a freak!! He didn't stay in jail, and came around one more time, well the next time he came around, my Uncle was there. My Uncle is a huge guy, and very intimidating, and he went outside and got in that guys face and told him, in no uncertain terms, to leave my sister alone, and never come around again. It worked :) He never came around again. LOL!
    My_Guys_Rule

Answer by My_Guys_Rule at 4:30 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• When I was 5 or 6, there was a serial killer loose in the state where I lived. It took months for law enforcement to catch him, and I still remember his name. I remember sleeping upstairs in the summertime with my head covered up, thinking somehow that would hide me from him should he get past my daddy, who slept in the room right underneath me. There wasn't nearly the news coverage there would be today, but still I heard enough to scare me out of my wits.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• Nothing really, my grandma took good care of me. My mom not so much but gma always intervened
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 4:42 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• Lots and lots and lots of them. Childhood was a nightmarish hell for me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• Yep. Too many for here. Childhood was rough for me.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 5:03 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• 4th of July morning- I was 12. I woke up to the sound of my aunt SCREAMING in the back yard...my 2 1/2 yr old brother had drowned and she found him. The saddest part was that the pool was kinda dirty and we could see the footprints on the bottom of it where he had walked- and the floaty toys he'd taken into the pool with him were there
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:05 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• I have a couple. When I was probably about 10 I walked downstairs into the basement to see my brother trying to hang himself from the ceiling, that I will never forget, I started screaming and my dad came down and stopped him.

When I was 11 my friend and I were at my house alone, the phone rang. It sounded like my dad's partner (they owned a business together). He asked who it was, so I said my name (I thought it was a family friend). He asked my parents were, I said, you know they are at work, what do you want. Then this guy started talking about wanting me and friend to touch his penis and such. We freaked out and hung up, he called back and told us that we were rude to hang up and that he could see us and we would pay. We called my grandma and hid in my bedroom closet until she showed up.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:58 PM on Aug. 24, 2012