Is this normal

My son is almost 6 months old (will be on the 13th), and he eats solids regularly and has for a few months now but recently he has stopped going poop everyday, he isn't even trying so its not like he is pushing and nothing is coming out because he isn't pushing, should I be concerned or is this normal for babies to get this way the older they get? I have started giving him a little less food and only giving him fruits so if he is constipated I am not sure what else I can do for him

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • i would try giving him some juice in a sippy cup, its supposed to help them poop. stay away from the starchy foods like bananas and squash. but its okay if they skip a poop one day but get concerned if it goes over two and the juice doesnt work. good luck
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• No once they start eating solids after a while it is normal for them to poop only once every few days. Their bodies are getting used to not being on a completely liquid diet when it just flows right in and right back out. It's perfectly normal. Watch out for when he does get a poopy one though!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• my kids went everyday but my niece & nephew did NOT at that age...so i wouldn't worry too much especially since he isn't uncomfortable.

maofemmjacgav

Answer by maofemmjacgav at 5:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If he is not fussy I wouldn't worry. Rice and bananas can jam things up a bit so I would make sure that I would give my baby prunes everyfew days just to keep things regular.
    hd147

Answer by hd147 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• it's normal---think about it, do you always poop everyday? lol But i would try giving him some juice to clean him out. Gerber (I think) makes a prune juice mixed with something else....sounds gross but i tried a sip and though it was good :)
    kayjay8806

Answer by kayjay8806 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2009