I'm afraid this is a serious question

It sounds like a joke. I really wish it was a joke.
Is there ANYONE nominated for Obama's cabinet who has paid their taxes without first being nominated for something?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/02/05/solis_senate_session_canceled.html?hpid=topnews
And then there was Solis:
Solis Senate Session Postponed in Wake of Husband's Tax Lien Revelations

Hubby just paid his liens off yesterday.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I say we evaluate everyone on the Hill and make them pay up before the stimulus bill is signed. Maybe we won't need it afterall.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• The question is not a joke, Obama and his 'staff' are jokes.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 3:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Ah the joys of our existing government - they tax the hell out of us and then "forget" to pay. I am an Obama supporter, too. But this tax bs is getting ridiculous and I am glad he apologized.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• As I have been saying for YEARS, the biggest crooks in the country arent in prison...they're in Washington....so much for change.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• He may have apologized but the people are STILL THERE!! What the heck was the apology worth. "I'm sorry i keep putting corrupt people in place but it's all good surely they will behave now"
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• At this point I wonder - did he really think the tax thing was just no big deal and nobody would care, or are there really, statistically, that many Dem Pols who have been blowing off their taxes that he can't get a full slate of people without half of them having tax issues?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• NotPanicking, I think he believes he is as special as Chris Matthews has been telling him. He 'won' after all, he is above the law. Or maybe he thinks he IS the law.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Well in Chicago corruption is the norm, so Obama didn't realize there was anything wrong till he was shamed by his dropping approval numbers to apologize. jmo :)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Obama may want to postpone his new taxevasion fraud dept. He won't have anyone to speak to in Washington, they'll all be in jail. He'll be getting bills passed and signed thru a glass window and single line phone.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• LOL akinbottom!!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2009