Problem

I am the only one home and i just found out the electricity in my kids room is not on. I went and flipped circuit breakers still no luck. Now what do i do? Hubby will not be in from work until 1130. Everyone else has electric in other rooms. I am so worried. I am thinking the girls should sleep out here in case there is a issue. Until i get someones help.

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 24, 2012 in Home & Garden

• Are you sure that the bulb just didn't blow?
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:44 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• hmm. my first thought was what robin said.

I would have them 'camp out' elsewhere. Not because I think it would be dangerous. I just know my DH would want to check it out when he got home adn I wouldn't want him disturbing the kids.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• If the light bulb isn't blown out, try unplugging everything in the room and switching the breakers off and on again. Plug in one item at a time to see if it works. If it works and the power goes out when you plug an item in, that item may have tripped the circuit. If not, you may have to get help.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• not just the bulb , the fan is not working , the tv, nor the alarm clock or ceiling fan. She was complaining about the ceiling fan light being out this morning. At that point i thought bulb to.
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• I would get some flashlights, turn off ALL the lights in the house and play hide and seed till dad gets home.
    itsme50

Answer by itsme50 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• Sorry, I meant to say, Hide and Seek.
    itsme50

Answer by itsme50 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• Check the GFCI's that are close to those rooms and see if it's tripped. Even if your breaker wasn't tripped the GFCI could be. You know, the outlets with the little 'test' 'reset' buttons like they have on a blow drier?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2012

• Go ahead and shut off the main breaker to the house and then flip it back on. Sometimes they can get stuck....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:55 PM on Aug. 24, 2012