Measuring ahead, is it okay?

Sorry if this had already been asked, I'm sure it has....

Today I went in for my 32 week appointment and measured at 34 weeks. It seems like every week I measure yet another week ahead. At 28 weeks I was right on, at 20 I was 1 week ahead and now I'm 2. Is this okay, is something wrong?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That is absolutely normal ...it honestly really doesn't mean anything. You could go early but you could also go right on or even late.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 3:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• everything's fine. :) I always measure 2-3 weeks ahead so don't worry and if you are ask your doctor.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Oh yes. I was measuring 39 weeks at 34 weeks!
    Anonymous

• Its absolutely normal to measure 2 weeks bigger or smaller. Babies have growth spurts sometimes, and sometimes they lack in growth spurts as well. It also has to do with the positioning of baby.. they can get into some positions that make them seem tiny or vice versa. No worries.. baby will be fine.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 4:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I was measuring 2 weeks ahead at my 30 week check up. By my 34 check up he was back to normal. Sometimes they just have a massive growth spurt then level back off. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2009