• In the Spotlight:

Computer Question........what could this be?

When I push the shift button to capitalize a letter, the computer makes a beep and then my screen blinks. It doesn't do it every time. Let me know what you all think it may be. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• It is very possible that you have pushed ctrl shift. That happens to me when I am typing fast and not paying attention. When you push the control button, it is telling your computer that you want it to do something, but control/shift isn't an option.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 4:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I agree with peppermintmocha...normally a beep is an alert that something you have instructed the computer to do cannot be done (ie: ctrl+shift ISN'T something the computer can do). If you have been very careful to make sure you are ONLY pushing the shift key and it still beeps, its possible that you accidentally created (or someone else created) a shortcut but its not a direction the computer can follow. Without knowing the full situation, I don't know how to tell you to fix it. Good luck!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2009