Co Sleeping Mommas

If you co sleep, does your husband also sleep in bed with you and what size bed do you have? We have a queen but can't co sleep because there's still no room. One of us is always falling off the bed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I coslept in a full size bed. We had it up against the wall with baby between me and the wall and dad on the outside. There was enough room. We even coslept with two for a while when our daughter was a toddler and our youngest was a newborn.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I co sleep with my 6mos old, my husband is sleeping in the guest room! We have a queen, he's afraid of rolling on to the baby. We were using a crib, but I was exhausted getting up 3 times a night, now I can just roll over in bed and feed him. Eventually I hope to move him back to his crib, but this works well for now. My husband is really understanding and doesn't mind giving up his side of the bed :)
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 3:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• We coslept in a queen bed with our first son and now a king with our second. The king is soo much nicer. Like Riotgrrl we had one side of the bed up against the wall. Also I have a cosleeper bed next to my side of the bed. And when our first outgrew the cosleeper we took off one side of his crib railing (the toddler bed setting) and had the crib up against my side of the bed. I do not know how non-cosleeping moms do it! I would not be able to function without sleep.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 3:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• we co-sleep. bed is against wall and there is a cushion there so when baby is between me and wall he wont bump his head. my hubby sleeps right behind me all snug and warm hahah.
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• queen size bed too*
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• we co sleep in a queen all three of us just fine, the bed is up against a wall and I shoved pillows in the small space between the bed and wall and the baby sleeps against them facing me and I usually sleep cuddled up next to him and my SO sleeps cuddled up next to me, yup we are one cuddley bunch but hey it works, I have suggested putting the baby in his own bed since he sleeps through the night but my SO says no and that its mean to do that so he sleeps with us which is fine
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• We cosleep with my 7 month old in a queen sized bed, we seem to have plenty of room. (hubby included) We are not tiny people either, My hubby is 6'4 I am 6'1.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 3:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• We cosleep with my almost 2YO son, we're in a full size bed, its tight, but we manage somehow! Sometimes the cat even joins us! Thank goodness his big sister sleeps in her own room or we'd have a problem...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• With my last two kids, we co-slept in king size bed with the baby between me and the wall. We use to have a full size but SO upgraded after I kicked him off the bed one morning. I mean literally kicked him off!
    momof3jll

Answer by momof3jll at 3:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I think we have a queen, too. It's really cramped, but we manage somehow.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009