Csections

What are the chances percentages of needing a c-section? Im terrified i may have to have one because so many people I know have had one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It depends on a lot of things. If youre having a healthy pregnancy, with no complications such as diabetes, high blood pressure, pre eclampsia and such things as that, you have pretty good chances of having a normal vaginal delivery. Try not to put too much worry into this, because you might be worrying for nothing. I also wanted to mention that Ive had 3 c sections and Ill have another in July. They were all good experiences with minimal pain for me. They arent all bad, and if you do end up having one, youll get through it, and youll probably find strength you never knew you had.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 3:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• alot of that depends on your pregnancy alone.
    size of baby, size of you
    any complications during pregnancy
    complications during delivery
    not progressing during labor
    there are many reasons people have to have a csection.
    I had my first by c section because he was tolerating labor well. It was safer for my baby to be born by c section. Its not the end of the world and it doesnt mean you are less of a women.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I don't have a numbers answer for you. It totally depends on your body, baby, and labor. I had my first via c/s because his head was turned and he wouldn't drop all the way down. In the end him nor I was tolerating labor well. Please try not to worry it isn't as bad as it seems. Good luck
    Artillwife01

Answer by Artillwife01 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It all just depends on what complications you may have. It also depends on how you're being delivered (midwife, doctor, birth center, hospital), as well as where you live. Some areas have a higher rate than others. My pregnancy was uncomplicated, but when I pushed, my son's heart rate kept dropping into the 20s and 30s. Turn out, his cord was wrapped around his torso twice. As scary as it is, it sometimes is necessary, and you have no way of knowing until the moment arrives. Hopefully, everything will go just fine.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I had to have a c-section the first time because my baby was wrapped up in the umbilical cord and she couldnt drop. Plus my water tore and they had to induce labor. I got an infection in the uterus before labor progressed enough. Truthfully a c-section is not the end of the world and I didnt think it was that bad at all. I actually went on to have another c-section with my second. Good luck and I hope things work out good for you.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 3:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• After 38 hours of labor, 3 hrs of pushing, a failed attempt at forceps and an epidural that didn't work... is when i had my first. There are many physical reasons why women need a c-section, depend son you, your labor and body. I'm not a "small" person but my pelvis was not big enough to let my 8lb 10oz baby come out. The second c-section I choose b/c my daughter was stillborn, so believe it or not... there are mental and emotional reasons why some opt for a c-section. My third will be in March and that is b/c I have already had two.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2009