This is so embarrassing..but i need help...

I have two kids.. both times i was pregnant my body went crazy and i started growing hair all over...after i had my first child everything went back to normal...but it didnt do that after i had my second baby...now my face is so hairy...my chin/neck is terrible and i have dark side burns..and i dont know what to do to make it go away...ive been plucking it but it doesnt help much since its all over..ive never used nair or any kind of hairl bleach so i dont know what teh outcome of that would be...it has made me have very low self esteem.. What can i do?? please dont be rude

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Is it possible to check into laser treatments? Kinda pricey, but isn't your sanity worth it? LOL. How about waxing, that would last a bit longer than plucking or shaving. Or there are these little thingies, like a motorized fine-edged razor. Sorry, I don't know the name of it.
    Anonymous

• Check with a dermatologist first. If it is hormonal then likely it can be helped. I don't have any advice about keeping the hair under control. I've heard of waxing and electrolysis. But see if you can get it taken care of by a doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 3:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• talk to your Dr. It could be something as simple as a hormone imbalance...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I agree that you should check with your doctor. They will be able to run some tests to see if it's hormonal. I wish you the very best. I know it must be difficult!!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 4:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• try threading.. and go to the doctor..
    Anonymous

• I'm an electrologist and I'll just say any method where you are pulling the hair out (threading, waxing, plucking) is actually going to make the growth worse. The only two things that cause hair growth are blood supply and hormones and when you wax/thread/pluck, it supplies blood to the area. Usually, if you haven't messed with the hair, it will fall out like it did last time, but it looks like its sticking this time. I would either continue to wax and know that it is going to get worse, or go for electrolysis or laser if you can afford it.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It's a normal process for a woman's body hair, and hair in general to change during and after pregnancy.

It's hormone related.

I would speak to your Dr. about it and see if they can recommend a dermatologist.

Especially if you haven't been pregnant in a long while...as it may be an hormonal imbalance causing it , and something can be done about that.

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 9:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• NAIR!!! it works i nair my sisters face and it works good her face is nice and smooth! try it!
    tuty2403

Answer by tuty2403 at 1:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I definately think it can be age related as well. I am 41 and I have had to pluck more than a few hairs from my chinny chin chin. It sucks!!
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 2:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2009