Translation please!

Iam eight weeks pregnant with my first. I went in for my first appt today and the dr said my uterus was already high. What does that mean?

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 3:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Usually when youre pregnant it takes a while for the baby to get big enough to make your uterus grow above the pubic bone. It seems your baby (or who knows.. babies) are growing enough to make your uterus above the pubic bone, making it higher and more prevalant.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 4:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• it means your uterus is high up?

flat out.... i dont see where the confusion is coming from?
    Anonymous

• That just means that the top of your uterus is higher than usual, nothing wrong with that. It means that your uterus is growing.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• The height of your uterus can usually help determine how far along you are (in weeks). So it seems like what he's saying is that your uterus is higher than expected for being 8 wks pregnant. The ob/gyns that I've been to have done an ultrasound in the first or second appointment, and that is much more accurate.
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It means you are pregnant lol
    Anonymous

• Could it mean twins? They run in family.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 3:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Most providers will measure the height of your uterus at each visit as one indicator of how your pregnancy is progressing. (S)he just meant that your uterus has grown more than average for 8 weeks along. By itself that doesn't mean much because every pregnancy progresses differently. If you consistently have indicators that you are further along than your last menstrual period would indicate, they might adjust your due date.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i guess it could mean twins but doesnt necessarily mean that. I mean i really dont know, we arent drs.
    Anonymous