Is it possible to ever move on?

thank God i have healthy children and never lost one but i always wondered is it possible to get over a lose of a child? for those of you who lost a child is it possible to ever move on? because i had a miscarriage and i cried about until i had another baby and i still think about it sometimes it terrifies me to ever lose a child

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I never have. Thank God! But my aunt lost my cousin of cancer when she was 3. It was about 16 years ago now, still can't believe its been that long. But she has never been the same. She has 2 girls now, one was a twin to the one that passed and then one a few years later, but she has never been the same. She has pushed pretty much everyone out of her life since then. She hasn't talked to anyone in our family for about 5 years now. I always thought that something like that would make you more close to your family, and cherish life more, but I guess you never know how you will handle something like that.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I hope to God I never do, b/c I don't think I could move on.
    Anonymous

• my mom lost her first baby when he was 11 hours old.. she had group b strep( which they ddin't test for back then ) and he caught pneumonia when he was born... and just couldn't get well. I asked how she did it.. and she says her family helped a lot and praying was a life saver for her.. she found such peace in prayer that she was able to just let go...
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 4:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• No, you never really get over it. It does get easier as time goes by, but you NEVER get over the loss of a child. There will always be that empty part in your heart that yearns to hold your child. And you always wonder about them....how they would act, how they would look, the things they would say, etc. It's something that no mother who loses a child ever really get's "over"... I think of my boys everyday....even more so now that I have a daughter. But i know they are safe in God's arms & that makes it a little easier.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 4:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i have lost my neice and nephew through CPS and another nephew through cancer, though not mine, i am still not over their loss, and i cannot imangine what the moms (my sisters) go through every day
    i dont think a mother ever "moves on", but she does put it in the back of her mind most of the time.
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 5:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2009